Athlone Train Station
You are Here: Property -> Articles -> Frequently asked questions regarding Property Valuations

Frequently asked questions regarding Property Valuations

Return to previous page.

Frequently asked questions regarding Property Valuations

by City of Cape Town
25 Jul 2007
City of Cape Town
City of Cape Town

An extract from a press release by the City of Cape Town regarding the Valuation of Residential Properties contains some frequently asked questions, and their answers.

Question 1: What do I do if I want to object to the value of my property but the prescribed period has passed?

Answer 1: The period for the submission of objections closed on 30 April 2007. The decision to condone a late objection will be at the discretion of the municipal valuer who will require a verifiable explanation as to why the objection is late.

Question 2: I agree to the market value of my property as at 2 July 2006, but I cannot afford the amount of rates levied. Are there any payment options for property owners who want to pay, but cannot?

Answer 2: Anyone experiencing difficulty in paying rates on the assessed value can write to:
The Director: Revenue
P.O. Box 655
Cape Town

to make arrangements for a repayment plan.

Question 3: How do I ensure that my postal address for my sectional title unit is correct so as to ensure receipt of my municipal account?

Answer 3: Contact the City's call centre on 0860 103 089 to confirm / update postal details. In addition, an address change request form can be filled in at any of the enquiry counters at the Revenue Contact Centres.

Question 4: My property has not been valued. When will my property be valued by Council?

Answer 4: The property details should be referred to the municipal valuer in order to process valuation. All properties omitted from the General Valuation 2006 will be processed in a supplementary valuation.

An extract from:

NO. 270/2007
24 JULY 2007

Return to previous page.

From our Directory

M. Adams - Secretarial and Administration services, located in Surrey Estate, offer help in the field of Secretarial work related to Cipro and Administration functions, such as those relating to SARS Registrations. Call them now on 082-5655258.

Multi-Works in Crawford offer a wide range of services relating to the Building and Construction industry. In addition to this they also offer services related to Rubble removal, welding, carpentry, plumbing and decking. Call them now on 0216918998.

The Trauma Counselling Practise in Newfields Estate offers assistance in the forms of HIV counselling, and dealing with depression, stress, anger and grief. You can contact them on 021-6374356

Contact | About | Copyright | Advertising | Disclaimer

Website Design by BMSC-Online